What is Phenobarbital and how is it used?
Phenobarbital is a prescription medicine used to treat and prevent the symptoms of seizures, sedation, hypnotics, Insomina and Status Epilepticus. It may be used alone or with other medications.
Phenobarbital belongs to a class of drugs called Anticonvulsants, Barbiturates.
What are the possible side effects of Phenobarbital?
Phenobarbital may cause serious side effects including:-
- weak or shallow breathing,
- unusual pain anywhere in your body (especially in the neck, shoulders or arms),
- pale skin,
- muscle weakness,
- weight loss,
- rapid heart rate,
- tongue swelling,
- numbness or tingling in your hands or feet,
- feeling short of breath,
- sore throat,
- swelling in your face or tongue,
- burning in your eyes, and
- skin pain followed by a red or purple skin rash and causes blistering and peeling
- Phenobarbital tablet
Get medical help right away, if you have any of the symptoms listed above.
The most common side effects of Phenobarbital include:
- lack of energy,
- drunk feeling, and
- “hangover” effect the day after taking the medication
Tell the doctor if you have any side effect that bothers you or that does not go away.
These are not all the possible side effects of Phenobarbital. For more information, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
- Also check our Valium, Ambien, Hydrocodone Tablet, Nembutal sodium and fentanyl transdermal system.