Ritalin / Methylphenidate
What is Ritalin and how is it used?
What are the possible side effects of Ritalin?
It may cause serious side effects including:
- chest pain,
- trouble breathing,
- new behavior problems,
- numbness or pain in your fingers or toes,
- cold feeling in your fingers or toes,
- unexplained wounds,
- skin color changes (pale, red or blue appearance) in your fingers or toes, and
- a penis erection that is painful or lasts 4 hours or longer
Get medical help right away, if you have any of the symptoms listed above.
The most common side effects include:
- excessive sweating,
- mood changes,
- feeling nervous or irritable,
- sleep problems (insomnia),
- fast heart rate,
- pounding heartbeats or fluttering in your chest,
- increased blood pressure,
- loss of appetite,
- weight loss,
- dry mouth,
- stomach pain, and
- Also check our:- Zoloft, Prozac, Dexedrine, Lexapro and Paxil.
Tell the doctor if you have any side effect that bothers you or that does not go away.
These are not all the possible side effects of Ritalin. For more information, ask your doctor or pharmacist.